Lewis Glasser’s Business and Corporate Law practice advises clients on the following matters:
- Choosing the appropriate business entity;
- Forming business entities and ensuring that such entities comply with all regulatory requirements;
- Negotiating and drafting shareholder agreements, management agreements and similar agreements that may need to be in place prior to the start of operations;
- Advising clients on governance and authority issues;
- Assisting clients in working through legal and business issues which arise during the ordinary course of operations, including issues related to government regulation, employee relations and taxes;
- Representing clients in financing either through traditional lending sources or equity investments;
- Assisting clients in mergers and acquisitions; or
- Devising strategies for dissolving or liquidating a client’s business.
Lewis Glasser’s attorneys also provide counsel in relating to corporate distributions and reorganizations, tax aspects of buying, selling and leasing assets, including tax-free exchange transactions, general and limited partnership taxation, pension and profit-sharing plans, stock option and other employee benefit plans, and deferred compensation arrangements.